Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Are You Safe?

But you are a tower of refuge to the poor, O lord, a tower of refuge to the needy in distress. You are a refuge from the storm and a shelter from the heat. For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall, (Isaiah 25:4 NLT)

Today's Prayer
O Lord, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! I pray that You keep me safe from death and destruction. I realize that there is a battle for my soul going on.  As this battle looms, help me to choose the right side. Encircle me with the spiritual allies to support me in battle. Armour me with the shield of salvation and the breastplate of righteousness. Let me wield Your word as a mighty sword to cut down anything that would come in opposition to Your will for my life. I know I sometimes put myself in harms way, but I ask you to protect  me from my own foolishness and trickery. Set my mind straight, and let my lifestyle be a daily sacrament unto You. In Your name I pray. Amen and so it is.

My Loving Dad
Who is strong and mighty like no other
Who is a friend that sticks closer than a brother
Who is able to calm all my fears
Who is always present and always near

Who knows the name of every single star
Who can cover the distance no matter how far
Who knew about me before I was born
Who offers grace and mercy to those who scorn

Who writes the song that makes the whole world sing
Who is the creator of every living thing
Who makes for good what the world would deem bad
Who else, but my Loving Dad

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment