Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Do You Want The Truth?

But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. (1 John 4:4 NLT)
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4 KJV)

Today's Prayer
I pray for the Spirit of truth to guide me. Let my communication be bold, and honest, and loving. I pray that the point of view I share be of God and not of the world. Lord, help me to be truthful in all of my interactions with people. Let me not feel compelled to say what I think will be pleasing to them. I pray that You not allow my ears to be deceived during ventilation. Grant me temperance and patience when the world's point of view is widely accepted and touted as truth versus the message that You would have received. I belong to You, and I know those who belong to You will know the truth. Thank You for Your spirit of truth. Amen and so it is.

Truth Be Told
Just tell me the truth
Go ahead, let it loose
I don't have time for no lies
Even those "white ones" in your eyes
I need to hear it raw and uncut
I need the words frank and upfront

You want the truth
Are you sure you're ready
It ain't no joke
These words are heavy
Okay here it comes
You better take a seat
When I share it with you
It might knock you off your feet

Truth be told
It's not what you think
The here and now
Is like water in sink
It will soon be gone
More will come
When it's all said and done
There will be another rising of the sun
We will be accountable for all that we have done and said
The sins of our heart
Will be charged to our head
So in your life
When choices you face
Pray for mercy and guidance
And thank God for His saving grace

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment