Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Monday, April 14, 2014

Can You See?

While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. (John 12:36 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, open my eyes. Allow me to see Your glory in all situations and circumstances. I pray that You take me out of the darkness of ignorance of not knowing what is really going on. Soften my heart so that I can understand life's journey and embrace the valleys as well as the mountain tops. I turn to You and ask if You will heal me today. Not so much physically, but spiritually. I've let others and their opinions dictate my mental and emotional state. I've let their words and actions speak their truth instead of walking in my truth. Lord, be my light and my truth. Walk with me with and let me follow You to glory. Amen and so it is.

The Lone Star
Look in the sky at that star
It seems so near, yet so far
Why is it alone, doesn't it have any friends
That on your perspective depends
Could be that there is a cloud
The others could be covered like a shroud
Maybe there is fog from pollution in the air
Whatever it is
That lone star doesn't care
It's light shines on
It remains bright
No matter what the situation
It stays in sight
Maybe one day
You and I can be
Like that lone star
A mark throughout history

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment