Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Is It Time?

“Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? (Haggai 1:4 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Spirit of life and truth. All that is, is because of You. Basically, I've been so focused on my grind that some things have slipped through the cracks. I have a roof over my head and my pantry is stocked. I have material possessions and my finances are getting better. Even though You've done all that for me I need You to forgive me, because I haven't really been tithing my money or my time, like I said I would. My spiritual being is anorexic. Forgive me for my passing prayers. I know they are quick, but most days, I just don't seem to have the time for much more than "Jesus wept, amen." I've been a bit self-centered. Forgive me for not offering the homeless, the widows, and the fatherless or motherless child my help. I need to volunteer more, but Lord, You know how it goes. I pray that You don't treat me the same as I have been treating You. I pray that You have mercy on me and that You continue to extend Your grace to me. I pray that You turn my backwards thinking around and set my inner-most being right. If You must, tear me down so You can make me whole, but only if You need to. I prefer You just give me a pass on the tear down and allow me to get it together. Nevertheless, let Your will be done. Amen and so it is.


Keep On (Pushin' On)
Fight when your back is against the wall
Get back up when you fall
When all hell breaks loose
It's your destiny, you choose

You call me
I call you
We push each other
That's what we do

I need you to live
Your all to give
I am waiting for you
To really come thru
Not just stop in or pass by
Let the world know,
Who made you and why

You call me
I call you
We push each other
That's what we do

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment