Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Is God More or Less?

He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30 KJV)

Today's Prayer
I pray that with my accomplishments come a sense of humility. Replace any arrogance with gratitude and appreciation for who truly is responsible for making it all happen, You. Lord, sometimes I let the compliments of mankind puff me up instead of remembering to acknowledge the source of my success. I pray that I don't keep my source a secret. Let me bare witness of how great and magnificent You are. Let me testify about Your goodness and mercy. Let me be the one who, in the face of compliment, says thank you, but more importantly thanks You. Amen and so it is.

Sometimes
Let me give it a whirl
I can do anything
Sometimes I feel like I'm on top of the world

Let me feel safe for awhile
I am weak and vulnerable
Sometimes I feel like a really small child

Let me take control
I am the master of my kismet
Sometimes I feel like an unconquerable soul

Sometimes, what I feel
Is not what is real
I must know
Sometimes, my feelings must go

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment