Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Friday, April 25, 2014

What Will You Ask For?

But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. (John 11:22 KJV)

Today's Prayer
God, I pray for truth. The ability to be truthful about my choices, my decisions, and my consequences. I pray that I don't blame others or circumstances for things that I'm actually responsible for. I pray for the courage to acknowledge the role I played in every situation. I pray for the wisdom to know what to pray for and how to pray. I pray for the faith that withstands the doubts and discouragements of the unbelievers. Mostly God, I pray that You allow me to carry myself as if a piece of You is in me. Amen and so it is.

Just A Lil' Bit
All I want is a piece
That's all,
Not much
Just a lil' bit
A small part of such

Give me a sliver
A shaving
If you will
That's thin as a piece of paper
Smaller than a dollar bill

I can stand much more
Your kindness and mercy I implore
I'll take what I can get
Even if that is
Just a lil' bit

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment