Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Do You Know The Rules?

“Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires. (Colossians 2:21-23 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, I pray that You show me how to live and follow You, despite what man may tell me. Not that man is wrong, but man is just that, man. Man can be subject to wrong interpretations and ulterior motives. Help me not be the person forming critical opinions of others about their relationship with You. Let me not feel like the judge of whether others are drawing close to You in the right manner. Help me to focus on learning more about You in my life on a daily basis. Order my footsteps to tread as You would have me to go. Help me to allow others the freedom to develop their relationship with You on their own terms. God, You made us all, and You know each and every one of us personally. You know how and where to reach and meet us. I pray that Your will be done and that I don't interfere with it. Amen and so it is.

So Many
So many rules,
I can't keep up
So many instructions,
What the, yup
So many things I must remember to do
So many ways to follow suit

Which one is right
Which one is wrong
Many have been around for so very long
Allah, Buddha, Muslim, Hindu and more
Christianity got plenty
Judaism believes it's core

Do I pray to the east
Turn down my plate
Forsake pork
Eat beef
Do I honor the sabbath and keep it holy
Is that Saturday or Sunday only
Do I earn the right to a heavenly home
Do I tell the man in the booth I need to atone

So confusing
Easy for one to get lost
I'm gone start with this first
"There is only one boss"
What do you call it
It's up to you
How do you serve it
If you think it's true
Your heart knows exactly what to do
Let your spirit guide you
You'll find what's right for you
You will come to believe
The Truth you will receive

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment