Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Are You A Slave?

Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. (Romans 6:16 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Dear One, I am in a weird place today. I'm not really sure how to handle these feelings I been wrestling with lately. It feels like something on the inside of me seems to be at war. My intentions and my actions aren't on the same page. Lord, I need You to help me be still in my spirit. I pray that You calm the unrest that is going on inside me. I want to do right, yet often I find myself making not-so wise decisions. I pray for, I don't know, my desires to match up with my decisions I guess. Yes, Lord, that's it. Help me do what I need to do. Amen and so it is.

Just One
Getting kinda of hectic
It's been kinda stressed
Starting to feel like I am
More cursed than blessed

Taking my time
Finding my way
Wandering aimlessly
Living for today

Having some fun
Meeting new friends
Telling a few stories
Making amends

Taking new steps
Starting with just one
One day at a time
That's how I will get it done

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment