Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Are You All That?

Likewise, David said, “Let their bountiful table become a snare, a trap that makes them think all is well. Let their blessings cause them to stumble, and let them get what they deserve. (Romans 11:9 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Please, have mercy on me. I know that sometimes I have the tendency to get besides myself and not acknowledge the realities that be. You are the reason I exist. If it were not for You, I would not have access to Everlasting Life, the Prince of Peace, and so much more. You are the reason for my joy. I owe everything to You, because You paid it all, so I wouldn't have too. I pray that You help me to acknowledge You in all my ways. Please don't turn Your favor away from me. I love You, and I am because You are. Amen and so it is.


All That
You think you all that and a bag of chips
You got money, cars, clothes, and a brand new whip
You say what you think regardless of what it is
How others feel about it, well, that's their biz

You walked on by, like you didn't even care
You looked right at me, but you don't see me there
Must be nice to feel yourself real-good like
Not a hint of a care or a worry in-sight

Hope it stays that way
For you it's all good
Hope you never have say
Please, I wish you could

Pray that when life throws you a curve, and it will
If you pray to God, you won't get what you deserve still

Hope God's mercy and grace are in play
Pray that in His response He won't say
"When I needed you, you walked on by
When I begged for acknowledgement, you ignored my cry
When I asked for help, you look through my plight
Now it's your turn to see what it feels like"

Written by Marc Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment