Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Did I Forget?

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (James 1:22 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, forgive me for not doing what I know You have told me to do. I asked You to let me know Your will. You told me, and I balked at it. You always give me confirmation. You never send me a message just once. I chose to disregard it.  Please don't let my insolence drive away your mercy. I don't want Your grace to run out on me. I need help with accepting and with doing. Instead of excuses for fear, I need courage to face those fears. I want to be about the things You would have me to be about.  You are my mother. You are my father. Please help me to be obedient to You. If You must chastise me, please be gentle. I don't want to continue to have to learn the hard way. Thank You for mercy and grace. In Your name I ask and I pray. I accept Your will for my life. Amen, and so it is.

Have Your Way
A hard head,
makes a soft behind
A stubborn spirit,
is deaf and blind
A kind word,
turns away wrath
A double minded person,
continues in the same path
A contrite heart,
pleads before God
A hardened heart,
makes heavy the road trod
I want my burdens to be light
I want my cares to be free
I want to do Your will
I want to take heed
I want to let You have Your way
Within and throughout my life today

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment