Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Monday, June 2, 2014

Are You Content?

But godliness with contentment is great gain. (1 Timothy 6:6 KJV)

Today's Prayer
The scripture tells me that if I have food and clothing that I should be content. I find my self wanting more. I've often prayed for better clothes, a bigger house, a newer car, more money and things of that sort. I seldom pray for more Godly things. If I had to list them, I'm not even sure that I know what they are. Deliver me from destruction and perdition caused by my own foolish desires. Let me not succumb to the temptations and snares of the material things of this world. Grant me wisdom to discern the foolish and hurtful elements of my lusts. Let my soul be satisfied in You. Amen and so it is.

Satisfied
Only you can make me feel this way
Satiated, I'm filled
Nourished, I'm replete
Slaked, it's quenched
Abate, it's cinched
All different words
That mean the same thing
When I feel some type of way
It's satisfaction that You bring

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment