Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Who Are You Listening To?

Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. (Hebrews 12:25 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, there is so much going on in and around my life. Everybody has an opinion about what I should or shouldn't do. Many folks offer there advice on what is right for me and what is not. I appreciate their intentions Lord, but it's so overwhelming. Who's right and who's wrong? Is there some relevance in all their offerings? I'm asking You to speak to me. I pray that I hear Your voice plain and clear. Let me tune out those words that are not of You, and hear Your message. Teach me how to appreciate other's willingness to be helpful and yet have discernment about the truth. Teach me how to willingly hear their words but selectively listen to Yours. In Your name I pray and thank You. Amen and so it is.

Hear Me
Hear me when I'm quiet
Hear me when I'm silent
Hear me in the waves of the water
Hear me in the wind that is slight
Hear me in the sounds of the crickets,
or the toads croaking in the dead of the night
Hear me when the noise comes to a halt
Hear me when you stand still
Hear me for I speak to you
Hear me...
Your spirit hears what is real

Written by Marc Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment