Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Monday, June 30, 2014

What Pleases God?

Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. (Ephesians 5:10 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Spirit of The Living God, fall afresh on me. I need You to make me and to mold me. Please Lord,  heal me and fill me. I come seeking Your guidance and instruction. Help me to be wise in my decisions, and let my actions not be foolish. I pray that You work through me. Empower me to make the most of the opportunities that are in front of me. I want to truly understand what it is that You want me to do. I want to put aside my personal preferences and wholly commit to following Your will. Teach me how to make wise decisions in my personal and leisure time. Keep me safe from the spirits and vices of self sabotage. Immerse me in Your Holy Spirit. Place a new song in my mind and in my heart. A song of praise and thanksgiving. A song of triumph and jubilation. Let me utter sweet melodies to Your ears. In Your name I pray. Amen and so it is.

Pleasure Principle
You can say your with it, but not of it
You can say it doesn't matter to you
You can say you have it, but not share it
You can say whatever you want to

I know the principle of pleasure
Is something that we all live for
I know the principle of pleasure
Some say is worth dying for

Give it to me
I really want it
Give it to me
Don't hold it back
Come on stop teasing this minute
You know I wouldn't do that

If not now, when
If no, why
Please, don't make me beg
Stop, before you make me cry

They say everything that's good to you, ain't good for you
I find that hard to believe
Is the principle of pleasure
Something we should all receive

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment