Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Are You Keeping It Real?

Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. (Romans 12:9 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Holy One, I've got a bit of a conundrum. I'm praying for the ability to determine what is really real in me and around me. I'm constantly engaging and encountering appearances of authenticity. Sometimes I feel as if I'm surrounded by a shroud of fakery, some of which includes me. Lord, teach me what "real" is. Show me the pathway to peace and tranquility. Open up the doorways of hope and faith. Prop up in me the courage to dare to be obedient to You, I mean really obedient, not just when I'm desperate or it's convenient. I'm asking for a lot, because I know You are more than I can ever imagine, and so am I, if I allow You. So, Lord, I'm allowing You to have all of me. Amen and so it is.

All Of Me
Why not take all of Me
Don't take just a part
The part that works for you
What about My heart

What about My mind
My body, My spirit and all
Oh, you just want that huh
That part by Niagara Falls

What if I told you no
You must take it all
You must take the good with the bad
Take the big with small

I think you would laugh
Wonder if I was some kind of fool
You would ask Me questions like
What kind of drugs do You do

Well, it's time to come clean
Don't take it personal, I'm not trying to be mean
It is what you see
It only works, if you take all of Me

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment