Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Who Do You Receive?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. (John 13:20 KJV)

Today's Prayer
I'm on my bending knees, because I need to be humble. I need to physically submit myself to something greater than me. I need to be reminded that I haven't always done the right thing by You. Please forgive me for my disobedience. Lord, I'm praying and asking You for a Teflon coating over my feelings today. I'm having a hard time not taking things personal. I feel like people are intentionally being disrespectful towards me. Totally disregarding my opinions, my wants, and my needs. I feel like I've given freely, but that my giving is not appreciated. Help me to remember all that You gave and give everyday because You love, not because You expect it back. Teach me how to really embrace that spirit of love. The kind of love that loves, despite being loved back. Amen and so it is.

Need vs. Want
"I don't need you, I don't need you, but I want You"
That song says it with a twist
Need and want can be misaligned
Or they can intertwine like this....

I need to breathe
I need my heart to pump
I want my brain to function
Otherwise I will lay in a lump

I want to live
I need to give
I need to experience life like a sponge
I want to soak it all up

I want to get it right
I need to face the truth
I need to find the God in me
I want to be living proof

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment