Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Monday, June 16, 2014

What Are You Willing To Sacrifice?

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. (Psalms 51:17 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I've been searching for so long. Searching for the answers to my problems. The cure to the sickness of doing things I know better than to do. I ask that You have mercy on me dear Lord. Show me tender kindness because of Your affection for me. Grant me lenience and compassion despite my repetitive behavior and wrongdoing. I'm being truthful Lord, and I speak from my heart. Place Your wisdom deep down inside of my soul. Let my inner parts feel You and desire You to be their guide. I'm asking that You create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Let the words of my mouth show You praise. Amen and so it is.

Searching
Look over hear
There you go
You didn't find it
Oh no...

Try looking again
Sometimes we have to look within
Try real hard to see
Try even harder to be

Be a memory of what used to exist
Be a moment in time
Be a quiet morning mist
Be a still blade of grass
Pliable yet strong
Be the soft summer breeze
Be it all

Then it you will find
You will get your reward
You're pointed in the right direction
Find what you're searching for

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment