Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Friday, June 27, 2014

What Are You Working On?

Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:14 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I feel like I've been working all the live-long day, and I'm tired. Creator of all, energize me. Place in me a spirit of appreciation for the work that is before me to do. Help me to embrace work as a way to show You my willingness to sacrifice my personal desires. I want to be obedient in service to You. I pray that I not work aimlessly, but work with God-given purpose. Show me the things that You would have me to work on, and remove from my presence meaningless work. Amen and so it is.  

Work
Do this
Do that
Do it again
As a matter of fact

I changed my mind
I don't want it done that way
You need to redo it
I need it by today

I'm tired of this
I feel like I can't win
Don't worry about it
This will come to an end

Are you sure that's what you want
The opposite of work
Well, that's the opposite of life
That's resting under the dirt

Written by Marc Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment