Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Why Me?

No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. (Hebrews 12:11 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I need You to have mercy on me. I know I haven't always done the right things. I haven't always treated others with compassion and love. For the times I spoke harshly or was inconsiderate of others, please forgive me. I repent for my acts of selfishness when others needed me to be there for them. Lord, I'm sorry for my moments of only self-concern. I know scriptures say you reap what you sow, but I'm asking You for a slight pass. I feel like I've reaped about all I can stand. I'm asking for mercy that I don't deserve. If it's not for me to get a pass at this time, then grant me the fortitude to withstand Your chastisement and receive Your discipline with honor and grace. Amen and so it is.

Why Me Lord, Why? 
Why must I suffer through this journey
Why does it seem like all hope is gone
Why do people turn their backs and forsake me
Why do I feel so alone

Why does sorrow seem to always come my way
Why is it a struggle just to make it through today
Why does circumstance bring me bad chance
Why do I struggle in my romance

What did I do to deserve this
Did I speak something amiss
Did I treat another unkind
Did compassion my heart not find

That's enough of "woe is me"
Time to get back on my feet
Time to take a firm stand
Face life with courage, be a man

You only allow what's best for me
Though circumstances are sometimes hard to see
Everything happens for a reason
I will come to know that truth in due season

Written by Marc Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment