Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Do You Have The Love Of Money?

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Timothy 6:10 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, teach me how to pay attention to the details of the words being used. The scripture clearly says the "love of money" is the root of all evil, not money itself. Help me to understand what the "love of" is. Love means to hold dear; to treasure; to cherish; or to dote. "Of" is a preposition meaning reason or cause. Therefore, make my understanding clear. I desire the love of God. For the love of God, let this money do what it does, and let me be a steward of that that work. Let me follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and meekness. Instill in me a genuine and robust desire to put my trust in the living God, who gives to me richly all things to enjoy.  I pray for direction on how to use my money to do good, to be rich in good works and generous to those in need, and always ready to share with others. In Your name I pray and I thank You. Amen and so it is.

M.O.N.E.Y.
Majesty
Over
Nonsense
Elevates
You

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment