Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Do You Want Long Life?

He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. (Proverbs 13:3 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I want to live for You. I want my life to be a living testimony that is pleasing unto You. Teach me how to do that Lord. Teach me how to really live and receive the fullness of life. I pray that I don't let my emotions dictate my responses and reactions to circumstances. I pray that I am able to recognize the God opportunity in each moment and every experience. Please don't let me ruin the moment with my intolerance or impatience. Show me the way to behaving like a descendant of God, and help me to use my spiritual ears to listen twice as much as I speak. Amen and so it is.

I've Been
I've been meaning
I've been needing
I've been grieving
I've been holding
I've been molding
I've been learning
I've been yearning

"It's like fire
Shut up in my bones
Like Jeremiah,
It won't leave me alone"

I've been praying
I've been staying
On my knees
Begging please
Lord, deliver me
From all my insanity

Written by Marc Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment