Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Friday, May 23, 2014

Are You A Hearer Or A Doer?

But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it. (James 1:22, 25 NLT)

Today's Prayer
What should I pray? Lord, You know my heart and my desires. You know my thoughts and my dreams. You know my past and my future. Please, teach me how to pray. Let me take enough time to be thankful and grateful for all that You've done. Fix my words to make supplications on behalf of others and not myself. Govern my solicitations to be requests of knowledge of Your will. Subject me to gain innate wisdom from Your instructions. Let my diction surrender to righteousness, obedience, self-discipline, integrity, honor, and humility. Make my salutation always encompass the principles of love, kindness, and mercy; tolerance, faith, and courage. Save my soul dear Lord. Give me a clean heart, one that pumps the blood of pureness and the sanctity of God. Amen and so it is.

If I
If I knew the future
Then I would act right
If I knew the plan
My stuff would be tight

If I just had the ends
I would have done it way back when
If only I could
You know I would

If You hada told me
Then You wouldn't have to scold me
If I did know
I woulda done so

If I was a friend
I'd be there thru thick and thin
If I had a dollar for every time I hollered,
I'd be richer than you can imagine
I'd do all that you could fathom
I'd never complain
I'd dance fearlessly in the rain
I'd fight the battle
I'd win the war
I'd walk boldly, through each and every door
I'd hold my head up high
I'd never question why
I'd leave well enough alone
I'd offer praises to Your throne
I'd gladly suffer more
I'd embrace what You had in store

If I only knew
Exactly what to do
Lord if I, would only give my all to You

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment