Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Friday, May 2, 2014

Who Did You Help?

We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. (Romans 15:2 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I don't know quite how to say this, but I'm pissed off. Help me manage and control this anger. Convert it to compassion and understanding. I pray for tolerance and temperament. I need to remember that I play a role in every individual situation that I'm involved in. Grant me the ability to acknowledge that fact, and help me to embrace that principle as truth. Guide my actions to inspire others to behave according to Your will. Let me take adversity and embrace it as opportunity. Let me make falling down a chance to visualize a new perspective. Let me help others by improving myself and strengthening my walk with You. Amen and so it is.


I Should
I should but I won't
I could but I don't
I would but instead
I'd be happy if you bled

That's cold
You have no soul
Who does that
I thought you was spiritual Black

What difference does that make
If my world is full of hate
I lavish in sin
Feeling like the evil twin

Well,
I should and I will
I won't be still
I'll pray until
God's love you feel

I won't be discouraged
I'll replace fear with courage
I'll pray "Father, them please forgive"
"For they know not how they live"

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment