Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Do You Have A True Friend?

A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. (Proverbs 17:17 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, teach me how to be a Johnathan. A true friend, like David had in the bible. Let honor, and integrity, and strength of character be my calling cards. Let me have the courage of Peter the disciple, to be willing to fight for righteousness. Instill in me the wisdom of Solomon, to intimately know and share the knowledge of the truth. Help me to embrace the love of Jesus, and be willing to sacrifice mine for the good of others. These things I ask, and I pray for your blessings. Amen and so it is.

Friends
"Friends! How many of us have them?"
"Let's be friends, before we go any further"

I have often heard that song,
And repeated those words
Never giving much contemplation to
How they were using those nouns and verbs

It seems like a simple song
Talking about relationships
But more than just the ones
That have to do with interacting hips

Maybe they are referring to life
All the things that we will do
All the things we will say
All the promises to be true

Maybe they mean trust
Is an important element
Be careful of with whom you share
Your time and your confidence

I don't know
Maybe it's not that deep
I just want to see
What kind of friend will I be?

"Friends! How many of us have them?"
"Let's be friends, before we go any further"

Written by Marc Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment