Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Monday, May 26, 2014

Is It Fire?

Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but the lord tests the heart. (Proverbs 17:3 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I Pray that You help me align my actions with my intentions. I keep getting the same results. People are upset. I hurt their feelings. I was brash. I was inconsiderate, and so forth. I don't mean to come off this way, but sometimes I do. God, please help me to do better and to be better. Show me myself from the outside-in. Teach me how to let the God in me be seen first, and allow the me in me to take a back seat. In other words, Lord, heel my pride. I want others that encounter me to be blessed, not be messed; nor their life by me to be stressed. In Your name I pray. Let it be. Amen and so it is.

I Know You Know
Lord, I know You know my heart,
But, everybody doesn't always see that part
I know You can read my mind
But to others, my thoughts are blind

I know You know what I meant
To my dismay,
The words came out so quick
But, that's not what I wanted to say

I'm sorry
I apologize
I really messed up this time

I didn't mean to do it
I didn't want it to happen that way
I'm better than I was before
But still, I'm not perfect today

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment