Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Friday, May 16, 2014

Where Is Your Heart?

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (Colossians 3:2 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Celestial Being, please help me today. I need Your light to shine bright in my life so that I can see the real me. I pray for courage to look squarely into the mirror and acknowledge the person I am. Let be honest in my assessment, not judge-mental, but critical of my character and ways. I've been avoiding the deep introspective self-reflection for so long that it seems easier to just keep avoiding it. I pray that You come with me, hold my hand and steady my gaze. Show me not only who I am, but who You would have me to be. Grant me a glimpse of the glory You have in-store for me. Amen and so it is.

Tryin
Lord, I'm tryin
Tryin to get along, and
Do more right than wrong
Trying to be right
Tryin not to fight
Trying to be just
Tryin not to cuss
Tryin to pray more
Tryin to implore
Tryin to not sin as much
Tryin not to use excuses as my crutch
Tryin to be faithful
Tryin to know God is able
Tryin to let go
Tryin to let Your light show
Tryin to leave the past behind
Tryin to change my mind
Tryin to change my ways
Tryin to see better days
Tryin a new walk
Tryin a different talk
Tryin to be a better me
Tryin?
Stop Tryin,
Just Be!

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment