Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What Are You?

When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous. (Romans 5:12, 19 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I am a sinner, and I'm probably going to sin again. Please forgive me. I pray that I don't get too high and mighty on false pride as I journey onward. Let me remember these words of humility; "but for the grace of God, there go I." May this be a phrase that I dare not forget to utter. I also pray that You help me to show up and accept the responsibility of leadership that You have charged me with. Give me the impetus and the fortitude to be obedient to Your will. Emblazon my life with the ornament of Your power and spirit. In Your name I pray and thank You. Amen and so it is.

I Wanna
I wanna be a starter
Not a pillow walker
A doer
Not just a talker
I wanna be a winner
A real champion of humanity
Not just a prolific word spinner

I wanna fight
Not take flight
I wanna hear
Not be in fear
I wanna soar
I wanna explore more
I wanna experience new heights
I wanna take in new sights

I wanna be
I wanna see
I wanna do something
Greater than just me

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment