Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Do You Have An Attitude?

Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. (Ephesians 4:23, 24 NLT)

Today's Prayer
Lord, no matter what I do, how much I worship, or how many times I pray; the old me seems to not want to go away.  I'm constantly battling that part of me which I call the flesh. Please help.  God, help me to stop telling lies. Not the big ones, I'm good with those; but the small ones they call the "white lies."  Help me to notice the connection between the little lie and the big lie - like; there is no God, there is only me. Lord, forgive me for even allowing myself to suggest such, even as an example. Father, I truly want to be righteous. I want to love my neighbors, and not let anger control me. I desire to use my hands for doing redeeming work and giving generously to others in need. Help me Lord. I pray that everything I say be virtuous and helpful, so that my words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. I pray that I bring honor to Your Holy Spirit by the way I live. Amen and so it is.

A New Attitude
I'm dressed like a million bucks
I'm sharper than a tack
Can't tell me nothin
In fact...

I'm riding in the Fleetwood
With the top let back
Diggin in the scene
Ohhh baby, can you picture that

I'm fresh to def
I'm hard to the core
I'm rockin the bells
I look like a store...

Yet, I feel so flat
I mean empty inside
My life's all amuck
Jacked up on foolish pride

I need a new attitude
An overhaul of sorts
I need a little latitude
I need Your support

I need Your help to change
My life to rearrange
My ways to amend
An escape from my sins

Can I borrow some grace
Any mercy in this place
I'm tired of pretending
Like there is no ending

I know the truth
I know what I'm supposed to do
Surrender my all
Give my life to You

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment