Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Saturday, May 31, 2014

What Is The Will Of God?

For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: (1 Peter 2:15 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Sometimes it seems like I've come so far only to end up back at a place of where I thought I had long passed. Lord, encourage my soul. Strengthen me to boldly confront the dissident behaviors of those who seemingly work against me.  Enlighten my thoughts with knowledge and wisdom of Your fundamental truths. I pray for the willingness to do Your will, despite the temptation to service mine. Let my well doing not go unnoticed or be unappreciated. I'm trying hard Lord to hold on to You, and I pray that You help me to not let go of what is right. Please, don't let me grab onto the throats of those that would persecute me. Amen and so it is.

I Will or Will I
I will not let you speak to me that way
I will not be subjected to your foolishness today
I will not let you walk around here like that
I will not contribute to treating you like a spoiled brat

Will I comprise my values just this one time
Will I give you more than I have, even my last dime
Will I forgive you over and over again
Will I be closer than a brother, a bonafide friend
Will I desert you during your time of desperate need
Will I willingly say "take all of me"

I will do, despite what I feel
I will pray and seek the His will
I will think, "what would the Master do?"
I will not ignore the God in you

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment