Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday - are we growing together?




I have so much in my head and heart to share I am just not sure where to begin. So bear with me if I seem to ramble. That is not my intent. First, a friend implied that when you are friends with a writer/blogger, you take the chance of being part of their writings. I know that to be true and this is proof.


I am reading this book and am at the part where the author seems to be saying that we, as individual and collective egos, seem to need and thrive on competition and conflict. I am not sure I agree since I long for peace in my life. But I am conflicted myself (LOL). You see, I also agree. It seems the closer I get to living the life I long for, the more strife seems to come with the package. It is almost as if the “devil” is aware and doing all he can to prevent me from getting to my small haven of peace and joy and happiness. However, I do not worry any longer - I have vowed to never give up...


My point, I find  there are people in life who are also where I am, either consciously or unconsciously, and they are going through the same things. Where am I? I am here… in the now… being me. I am taking what few steps I can to change my perception of the ego, or at least I am doing my part to be authentically me, the me beneath my ego, my own little bit of awareness.


What am I talking about? Today I had a conversation with someone (let’s call this person B) who, for years, I hated talking to because our conversations always left me angry. B always said something to irk, annoy or irritate me. But lately I have found our conversations to be a blessing. Part of me would like to say B has really changed and that is why our conversations are better. But I know that is only half the story. I have also changed. Together we have changed, and that change has allowed us the ability to talk and share and love together. I am so grateful and blessed.


Where am I going with all this? The other day, B said something I thought was monumental… something profound in its simplicity (it occurs to me that we sometimes miss things in life because we expect significant things to be complicated or monumental when instead, things are sometimes so simple we miss it). To simplify a long conversation, B said that she and her spouse were reading a transformation book together and sharing its lessons together. I thought, WOW! That is what I want. Someone I can share a book with that is supposed to be transforming. That way we transform and grow together. I think relationships often fail because the two do not grow together, the two make no attempts to share all aspects of their lives, where possible, together. I will never forget what B said to me.


When I finally find the person I want to share my life with, I will do the best I can to ensure that it is someone I can share growing and transforming with so that neither of us leaves the other behind. In the meantime, I will work on the relationships I have - family and friends. I will open up, be connected, be vulnerable and share. I will show up  in the relationship to ensure we do not grow apart; to ensure that we grow and transform together


I think this is a moment of clarity of emotion. I think this is profound for me because it is the clarity of emotion I crave. Clearly God/the Universe/the Ultimate Energy/ the Highest Love is giving me the opportunity to receive the thing I ask for and am working towards. I am just glad that I was actually being mindful, actually in the moment… and that I had the discernment to hear and receive.


This week, seek discernment in your life. This week check your relationships. Are you letting people you care about slip away because you are allowing yourself to grow apart from them? If so… and ifthat is not what you want, find ways to include them in your growth. Find ways to get them on the same page as you so that the two of you will be able to share the journey of self-growth (true, inner self-growth) together. Find ways to be open and connected.  Be willing to be vulnerable. Be committed...and while you are doing so, be MINDFUL. ENJOY THE MOMENT!!! And until next time…Take care of you.


The supreme end of education is expert discernment in all things--the power to tell the good from the bad, the genuine from the counterfeit, and to prefer the good and the genuine to the bad and the counterfeit.”

-- Author unknown --

-- written by asd --

No comments:

Post a Comment