Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Saturday, September 13, 2014

in praise of life - dance in the rain

Some people feel the rain others just get wet.
-- Bob Marley --

it is raining here.  i love the rain. it makes me happy to feel the water on my face and body. i can't explain it. it is as if rain is my friend and comes out just for me. we laugh together and play together  and just spend time together. i can even bring my sorrows and cry with rain. i guess i just feel closer to nature and my inner me when it rains. it's as though i'm joining in praising life

anyway. i thought i would share some rainy day songs with you ... help you get in touch with your inner you... with praising life!!!!

and, if you get the urge… go out in the rain… let the rain dance on your tongue and play in your hair. let the rain soak your clothes and awaken your skin. play in the rain and jump in the puddles. or splash through puddles and get your legs wet. Stick out your tongue and catch a drop. dance in the rain - slow dance, tango, wild or crazy, just dance. However the music of the rain fills you, let the rain become a a part of you and nourish your body, your mind, your heart and your soul. become one with the rain and enjoy.

kiss me in the rain (sung by barbra streisand)
Kiss me in the rain And make me feel like a child again Bring back all those memories Kiss me in the rain And make me feel like a child again With the feeling that I get, I don't even mind if we get wet
umbrella (by rihanna)
Now that it's raining more than ever Know that we'll still have each other You can stand under my umbrella You can stand under my umbrella
she's my kind of rain (tim mcgraw)
She's my kind of rain Like love in a drunken sky She's confetti falling Down all night
make it rain (sung by Colbie Caillat)
I don't care what they say Cause I have seen when we run we make it rain There's nothing better than this I'll keep wanting you for one more kiss So make it rain
she will be loved (maroon 5)
I don't mind spending everyday Out on your corner in the pouring rain Look for the girl with the broken smile Ask her if she wants to say awhile And she will be loved And she will be loved
wildflower (new birth)
Let her cry For she's a lady Let her dream For she's a child Let the rain fall down upon her She's a free and gentle flower growing wild
rainy days and mondays (the carpenters)
What i feel has come and gone before No need to talk it out We know what it's all about Hangin' around Nothing to do but frown Rainy days and Mondays always get me down
raining on sunday (keith urban)
Pray that it's raining on Sunday Stormin' like crazy We'll hide under the covers all afternoon Baby whatever comes Monday Can take care of itself' Cause we got better things that we could do When it's raining on Sunday
here comes the rain again (the eurythmics)
Here comes the rain again Falling on my head like a memory Falling on my head like a new emotion I want to walk in the open wind I want to talk like lovers do Want to dive into your ocean Is it raining with you
rain (swv)
Rain down on.....on me Let your love just fall like rain Just rain on me Just rain down on....on me Let your love just shower me Just rain on me
purple rain (prince)
I never meant to cause you any sorrow I never meant to cause you any pain I only wanted one time to see you laughing I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain
i can't stand the rain (ann peebles)
I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window Bringing back sweet memories I can't stand the rain 'gainst my window' Cause he's not here with me
rainy night in georgia (brook benton)
A distant moaning of a train Seems to play a sad refrain to the night A rainy night in Georgia Such a rainy night in Georgia Lord, I believe it's rainin' all over the world I feel like it's raini' all over the world
i wish it would rain (the temptations)
My eyes search the skies, desperately for rain ‘Cause raindrops will hide my teardrops, And no one will ever know That i'm cryin'....cryin' when i go outside, To the world outside my tears,  I refuse to explain, Oh,I wish it would rain

and don't forget Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head from the movie Butch Cassidy and The Sundance kid and Singing In The Rain as sung and danced by Gene Kelly


Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
-- Joelle Herman --
--written by asd --
photographers unknown--

No comments:

Post a Comment