Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

shine... ShiNe... SHINE

shine!!!!



one of my favorite things to do is to fill up my albums of pictures of things that touch me, that move me, that open my heart or soul, that are beautiful and beauty. one of my favorite types of pictures are of light...candles, fireworks, moonlight, created or real. i like to let light in. i like to see it shine softly, brightly, filling a room, a person or a life. while it can be fun to be able to walk through darkness, it is certainly easier with a little light to guide your way.


today i received a little light from an old friend. her words brought tears to my face and created little cracks in my everyday armor so that i could feel a little more light escaping from me out into the world. i thank her for that.


right after that, i read this posting that seemed eerily appropriate. it filled me up and overflowed. clearly i am meant to share this with you ... my friends, my journey companions.


“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” 
-- Marianne Williamson --


i have read many things that she has written and believe she has a deep capacity to understand, share and encourage love. please read her if you get the chance. in the meantime, let us be moved by this passage and give ourselves and others permission to be our splendid selves. let us right now begin to... shine...shine...SHINE!!!


-- written by asd --
author of picture and photograph unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment