Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Saturday, September 6, 2014

the friends you should treat with tolerance and care

If we could look into each other’s heart and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care.
--Soul Vision healing --

such a beautiful quote.

I have an acquaintance, she is a caring individual with a very abrupt, brusque manner. I have a relative, also very caring with a victim mentality. Both of these individuals walk on the wild side when it comes to opinions and don't back down; even when they are the only one, even in the midst of a crowd. They are also needy and don't know how to express their need.

People often tease them about their opinions and talk about them behind their backs. I wish I could say I never participated but that would be a lie. Nowadays, however, instead of participating, I always interject with a reminder that they are caring people who deserve love even if they are different. I try to understand the things that have brought them to where they are, and to at least view them from a place of tolerance.

Therefore, when I read this quote, it touched me. I thought of them immediately and knew I had to share it with you.

I am sure in all of our lives, there are people who push our buttons, who make us a little crazy, who irk our nerves just a bit, who push us to our limits, take us to places we don't want us to go, and bring out in us the things we would rather never see. in the end, we should be grateful for these people, for their presence in our lives. They force us to see who we really are and to...at the same time...be better people.

So, the next time you are with one of these people...friend, relative, acquaintance, step back and try to look at them with eyes and heart wide open. try to see where they are coming from and why they are that way. perhaps you will be able to view them differently and then begin to treat them with caring and tolerance.

I would want that compassionate and loving consideration if I were talking about me. In fact, think about this... you would want that if it were you I was talking about. As a matter of fact... that person I am talking about... just might be me... or... YOU. (LOL)

-- written by asd --
photograper unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment