Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Saturday, September 27, 2014

are you expressing gratitude?


I purchased The Secret, on DVD and on CD when it first came out some yeras ago, Over the yeras I have listened to and watched it many , many times and one of the things that always stands out is the reference to taking time to say thank you.


It stood out because during several of the periods in my life when things have seemed rather hopeless... sometimes, before I lamented and complained, I would say thanks for the things that were going right. I figured it would only take a second and then I could get to the stuff really bugging me. Often, however, I would find so much to be thankful for, I would forget what I wanted to complain about.


The Secret recommends that you take time out each day to say thank you for all the things you are grateful for. When I started watching the DVD, I was at a low in my life and figured I would give it a try - it could only help. So I gave it ago. Today, I still try to find time each day to say thank you. Sometimes first thing in the morning, sometimes just before bed and sometimes all throughout the day. I do believe it has helped me to realize all the things, blessings, miracles, and magic I have in my life - even on days when things truly seem bleak. I still sometimes complain after my thanks, but more often now, I am filled with joy and happiness when I think of all my blessings.


So on this day, as we continue on our journey to a better us and a better world; let us begin to take time each day to say thank you for all that is in us and in our lives. Let us recognize the blessings, miracles, moments of magic , kindness and goodness in our lives and express gratitude.


In this vein, I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful for all the children, older people, men and women in my life. I am thankful for my dog, my car and my home. I am thankful for heat, hot water, food and drink in my refrigerator, clothes and shoes in my closet, and the things of beauty in my home. I am thankful for all of my senses and my ability to walk and run, laugh, sing and dance.


And, while I am at it, I am thankful for fireworks, trees, flowers, sunny and rainy days, cool breezes, and autumn leaves. I am grateful for doctors, teachers, motivators, protectors, healers, historians. I am grateful for farmers, artists, mentors, spiritual guides.... Really, once I get started, I could go on endlessly. The point is, we all have so much to be grateful for, if we would just take a minute to say thank you, we might actually experience a glimpse of heaven in our lives.


Let's all express gratitude for all of creation, including ourselves and start our days off with a joyful bang!



"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more."

--  Brother David Steindl-Rast (1926 - present) --
--written by asd --
sista girls cafe - friends for life
sistagirlscafe.blogspot.com
pictures by unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment