Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Are You Ready?

Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, (Jeremiah 31:16-17 KJV)

Today's Prayer
I'm not as strong in my faith as I would like it to be. I know that there is no need to doubt a mighty and loving God, who has always done the seemingly impossible. I come on bending knees, and with a humble heart, to make my requests known to You. I need courage. Courage to face life just as it is in this moment. Regardless of what the outcomes may be, I want to do what is before me. I need wisdom to guide my actions. When I don't feel so worthy, I need grace to carry and comfort me. Finally Lord, I need power. Power to withstand the doubt that tries to creep into my mind. Power to rise above the dullness of mediocrity. Power that gives me strength to face fear head-on, and know that I will have victory over anything that is not of God. Amen and so it is. 

Stay Ready
Ready for peace
Ready for war
Ready for love
Ready for more

Ready for life
Ready for death 
Ready for whatever
Ready for next

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment