Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Are You Angry?


Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. (James 1:19, 20 NLT)


Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You for Your grace and mercy. I pray that You teach me how to grant others a measure of that myself. I need You to not allow me to be temperamental, quite unpredictable or erratic in my behavior, at times when I feel I've been wronged. Help me to place judgement aside. Help me to not take everything so personal. Remind me that no matter what the circumstances may suggest, it's not about me at all. I pray that Your Holy Spirit takes over my carnal mind and body so that I can hear what You want me to hear and only say what You would have me to say. Let me see that the person who I think wants to irritate me may be having a hard day and feels overwhelmed by their personal struggles. Help me encourage that person who feels powerless in every area of their life. Help me remind someone that is feeling insecure that they are beautiful and perfect because they were made by You. Lord, let me give a hug or lend a helping hand to that individual who feels they have to do everything on their own and that they are all alone. I pray that Your righteousness be alive and vivid in my life. I want to see others like You see me, as one of Your children. Amen and so it is.


Straight A's
A helping hand
A shoulder on which to lean
A listening ear
A boost to my self-esteem


A kind heart
A necessary word
A willing worker
A request that was heard


A hope for a new tomorrow
A glimpse of a morning sun
A deliverance from sorrow
A victory that is won


A friend that is pure
A love that is sure
A faith that is secure
 A God that will endure

written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment