Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Church

It's not a place I go.
It's a people I love.
Church
It's not a building in Blue Island.
It's a foundation in Christ.
Church
It's not a dead organization.
It's a living organism breathing God's praise.
Church
It's not a pseudo country club.
It's a fellowship of like-minded believers.
Church
It's not a "big I, little you" place.
It's a "Jesus is Lord, can I serve you" place.
Church
It's not a place to go every Sabbath.
It's a purpose to go every hour.
Church
It's not a system of organized religion.
It's a Symphony of individual creativity, United for His glory.
Church
It's not about theology, credo and denomination.
It's about one Lord, one faith, one baptism.
Church
It's not about God being the head of my life.
It's about Jesus is the Head, we are His hands and feet.
Church
It's not about asking them to come.
It's about equipping us to go.
Church
It's not about my pastor can preach.
It's about we are all called to minister the Gospel.
Church
It's not about a banging choir.
It's about singing praises to the King, everyday.
Church
It's not about you and me.
It's all about the Kingdom of God Almighty.
Are you going to church today?
Or.
Are you going to be the Church today??

Copyright 2014
Andrea Nancille Jackson
Global Girl Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment