Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Sunday, September 28, 2014

What Kind Of Noise Do You Make?

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. (Psalms 100:1 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I want to thank You for being God all by Yourself. I'm so glad that You are the head of my life. When I go astray, You come get me, and safely carry me back to the fold where I am provided for and protected. I don't deserve the love that You extend unto me, but You grant it anyway. Your goodness and mercy extend further than my eyes can see across the horizon. I worship You. I praise Your holy name. I just want to take time out to say "thank Ya Lord" for all that You've done for me. I'm pretty much a sinner who sins over and over again. Sometimes I know to do better, but choose to do the opposite. I can be my own worst enemy. You love me nevertheless. You rescue me and give me the opportunity to do better the next time. I'm so grateful that I don't have to be perfect for You, just willing. I pray for the willingness to be obedient and the courage to do what You would have me to do. Lord, let me not be distracted or discouraged by naysayers and haters. I pray that I will accept who and what You made me to be, a child of the Most High King. As long as I know it and believe it, that's what counts. Your opinion is all that matters anyway. Amen and so it is. 

Noise Reduction
Your hate is so loud
You say I'm too proud
You hate so strong
You think God can't right my wrongs
You hate with precision 
You doubt He healed my condition
You whisper in the night
You tell others I ain't right
You make faces at how I walk
You laugh about how I talk 
False accusations you spread
You place doubt in peoples' heads
You quick to spread the word 
You're famous for "know what I heard"
You cackle about me sinning
You real quiet about me winning
You real quiet about my new life
You real quiet about my lack of strife
You real quiet when I move along
You real quiet when I sing a new song
You real quiet about my peace
You real quiet about His favor unleashed
You real quiet when I do good
Your quiet, it's understood
You real quiet when I overcome
You real quite about what God has done

Written by Marc Christmas  

No comments:

Post a Comment