Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Are You Stingy?

Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. (Proverbs 11:24-25 NLT)

Today's Prayer
 I ask that You help me not to hold on so tight to things. Let my material possessions be revealed for what they are, immaterial evidence of prosperity. Lord, I pray that You show me how to harvest the real prosperity that You have already provided for me. Let me be prosperous in love, in health, and in peace. You are the King, and I am Your subject. Rule my life. I am here to be used by You. I want to live according to Your purpose. This is what I desire. Amen and so it is.

Gettin It
Did you see so and so
With such and such
They was doing this and that
Making much and much

Move and groove
Shake and bake
Bringing home the bacon
Making that cake

We had nice and smooth
We had Chunky Monkey
Started off with Richards
Moved to Brass Monkey

Time has gone by
Not much has changed
I wonder why

I'm still living check to check
I'm still wondering what the heck
I'm still stressed out
What's that all about

I'm still trying to make it
I'm still halfway faking it
I'm still finding my way
I'm still wishing tomorrow as today

Somebody once told me
But I didn't really hear
That gettin it ain't always what it seems
Gettin it don't necessarily get you there

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment