Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Have You Opened Your Gift?

Neglect not the gift that is in thee, (1 Timothy 4:14 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, help me to acknowledge the gift that You have bestowed upon me. Sometimes, I've been ashamed or embarrassed to share my gift with others. Please forgive me for my obstinance. Please don't take Your gift away from me. Lord, I want to make a new covenant with You. I want to be used by You. Show me how my gift helps me to do that. Send somebody to help me see what gift I have on the inside that I should be sharing on the outside. Surround me with Your greatness in human form. Stir up the gift in me that has been laying dormant. Allow me one more chance to open my gift so that I can be a blessing to that person that is waiting for me to do so. Amen and so it is.

G.I.F.T.
God
Is
Faithful
Too

You gave it to me,
but I didn't know what to do with it
Actually,
I never even opened it
It was wrapped so nice
I didn't want to mess it up
That was really thoughtful of You to take time and pick a gift just for me
Of course I appreciate it,
I've just been waiting for the right time to use it
I promise I will,
I just need a little more time
I didn't realize that somebody was waiting
I didn't recognize the effect of my hesitating
Is it really that important to you,
that I do what I'm supposed to do
You really need me to open my gift

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment