Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Monday, August 25, 2014

my soul remembers my friends



I just wanted to add a little bit from my previous bit “on Rumi on loving”. As I said, I agree that the soul's memory is the best and the ultimate but my heart and my mind play a major part in who and why and how I love. They all work together.This poem is in honor of our souls and the friends we love, with our heart, mind, soul and spirit. HERE'S TO FRIENDSHIPS. LONG MAY WE LOVE

My soul remembers what my heart's forgot
My soul remembers what the mind cannot
My soul is there when the body dies
My soul remains ‘cause my spirit’s wise

My friendship’s true … My mind reason’s so
My friend is you … my heart feels love’s flow
My friend, our friendship fills my heart and mind
My soul says that we are one of a kind

So my soul will remember you when my heart’s forgot
My soul will remember you when my mind cannot
My soul will remember you when my body dies

Because my spirit loves you and my spirit is wise

*¨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨*• written by asd .•*¨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨*•
author of picture unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment