Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Is God Slow?

The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. (2 Peter 3:9 NLT)

Today's Prayer
God, where You been? I know You're always there. Lately, I've been out here figuring it out on my own, and I don't like it. I need You, yes indeed. I need to know that this storm won't always toss and turn me. I need to be assured that my living is not in vain. I need something right about now. I know I am just one in a existing creation of billions, but if You can find it in Your schedule, please drop on by. Rain some blessings down on me to remind that You are a true and living God. This is not a challenge, nor a prayer of disrespect. This is my plea. I need You Lord, I need You. Amen and so it is.

Waiting
Where You at
I been waiting all day
I can't take it no more
You been said You was on the way
How long does it take
This ain't no fun
I been waiting and waiting
You still haven't come
Patience is virtue huh
Well, I think it sucks
I want what I want when I want it
That's what up

If I was in charge
I would do it my way
I too would take my time
Maybe tomorrow, maybe today
Cause I would know
Things you could never see
I would go
Places you could never be
I would wait
Until I knew you were ready
I would contemplate
Was what you wanted too heavy
I would decide
When it's all said and done
It only seems like your waiting
When you don't accept us as one

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment