Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Do You Have A Friend?

For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him: But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company. (Psalms 55:12-14 KJV)

Today's Prayer
Lord, I've been thinking about my friends a lot lately. I wonder how they are doing, really doing on the inside. I pray for friends today and those who call others their friends. I pray that You place the kind of friends in in my life that are righteous. Let them speak freely with love and compassion. Let them suggest wisely and honestly. Let them act with prudence and love. I want to emulate those same principles as well. I know that there is none like You. Lord, I need a friend like You. Amen and so it is.

A Friend Like You
They say there is none like You
So, what am I supposed to do

Things are always going on in my life
Constant turmoil
Meaningless strife

Sometimes I wonder,
Do I want to make it another day
Sometimes I just wanna quit, and walk away
I pray...
I hope...
Help is on the way

Having a rough time
Woe is me
Why is this happening
How can this be

Stop
Take a minute to reflect
See God in it
Don't give up yet

Like that time
I didn't know what to do
What do you know
My friend came on through

They say there is none like You
I'm so glad that I have a friend like You

Written by Marc Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment