Allverse

Allverse
Angela Skeete Davis

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

planting the seed of friendship



“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”
-- Steve Maraboli –

Love this quote … but I was thinking … perhaps it should say …
“I will make a friend today” instead of “I will be generous with my love …” because making a friend is being generous with my love.


Making a friend is a rewarding experience. But it is a choice and does require work.
It is not arrogance that says I am being generous. It is honesty.  Friendships are indeed like seeds. After being planted, if you want them to thrive and flourish, they must be nurtured. They must be planted in the right soil.They need lots of sun, sufficient amounts of water and a bit of fertilizer. Not enough of these ingredients and they die from inadequate care. Too much of these supplies and they die from excessive indulgence. So it is with friendship. it must be cultivated and cared for. It is a fine balance we walk between not enough and too much.


Similarly, when you choose to try to become friends with me, you are being generous with your love. It is a choice that can be quite rewarding… for both of us.

So, today let’s all be generous with our love … let’s go make a friend.

*¨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨*• written by asd .•*¨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨*•
photographer unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment